Tuesday, November 13, 2012

it's been awhile

So work is slowing back down to somewhat normal and I am starting to get more time. This past weekend I was able to play in a small tournament at timewarp which was a lot of fun. I got to break out the orks and ended up getting 2nd place out of 8 players which got me a dakkajet to work on so photos of that should be posted with the photos of farseer and warriors.

I have also decided to put a halt on the daemons for now because of time issues...I may come back to them but I think instead that time will go towards my personal armies.

I figured I would post the Ork list I ran for the tournament and see if people have thoughts, suggestions, cool ideas.

HQ-Warboss on bike w/ claw, squig, and pole.

Elites-2x 11 lootas

Troops- 10 gretchin w/ ork boss, 20 man shoota squad w/ 2 big shootas , 20 man slugga/choppa boyz w/ 1 big shoota, 30 man shoota w/ 3 big shootas. Each boyz squad had a nob with PK boss pole and armor (slugg choppa squad nob did not have armor).
6 biker nobs- painboy, 2 PK (one with combiskorcha and one with waaagh banner), 3 with choppa slugga...these boys come out to 400 exact i think... they have a 4+/5++ with fnop and are there to absorb all the fire...and if you ignore them these 6 guys + warboss will put on a hurting.

fast- none
heavy- 2x battlewagon with armor and rollas

forts- aegis D line with quad gun.

all in all the list was pretty fun to play. it was a nice balance of not having 4walking 30 man boyz squads (which is prob better but is to blah to play) but still having enough models to make it tough to kill. After two games using the wagons I quickly learned that while they are great at killing mech and vehicles they provide a nice way of chopping down the squad inside by half if it blows up...the change from st3 to st4 REALLY hurts.

my favorite part of this list was prob the aegis defence line...having gretchin sit back on an objective while lootas shoot away with a 2+ save if they need it (after they are down to 10 models) is pretty nice.

I may mess around with the idea of having mega nobz in wagons and some fliers (because they look pretty cool)

No comments:

Post a Comment